Monday, March 28, 2011

A gift to myself: Uehashi-sensei's works!

After days of deliberating silently in my mind, I made a bold decision to order books from The Book Depository. The deal-breaker is really my bad month here, ever since I return to Curtin. Nothing is particularly terrible, but I feel terrible. I need retail therapy!

So, the books are:
  • Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
  • Moribito: Guardian of the Darkness
  • Dragon Sword and Wind Child

The first two books are written by Uehashi-sensei. Although I had watched the anime adaptation before, I'd love to read the real deal. The last book in that list is another famous work by another Japanese writer. It is also in the same vein as Moribito. I can't wait to read them! Please arrive safely! *desperately praying*

Moribito: Guardian of the Darkness - second novel in Moribito series
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit - the first novel in the Moribito series

Dragon Sword and Wind Child - the first book in the Jade Trilogy
Anyway, in a somewhat related topic, I realised that all the Moribito and Jade Trilogy series are not completely translated into English. And that is bad! Now that would be a good motivation to learn Japanese!

No comments:

Post a Comment