Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Placement coordinator: We are not a travel agency

Excitement fills the air. Her speech is halted occasionally by eager hands rising up in the air.

"Can we go interstate?"


"Eastern states?"


"International?"

I'm talking about pharmacy placements here. It is interesting that Curtin is quite flexible in giving us options - provided it is feasible for them to make such an arrangement with the other party. And it is during times like this when I feel the pressure coming on. Placement is going to happen in about 6 months' time from now. I am going to enter society as a working adult in less than 18 months.

It is scary. It is overwhelming. As much as I abhor working part-time (I am a lazy pig), I am looking forward to placements with mixed feelings. My recent hospital visit is so enlightening. To be able to see the stuff we learnt in uni being put into practice, it makes learning all the more worthwhile. (That said, I am still reluctant to consistently review lecture materials.)

I guess I will still be afraid of what's ahead, but I will venture forward at my own pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment