Tuesday, October 23, 2012

MYR10555

That is the cost of my flight ticket. Where am I going, you ask? Spain? USA? The ends of the earth? Judging from the price of the ticket, you would think someplace far, right?

WRONG.

It's the price of flight ticket for a journey from Perth to KL. When I saw the number, I got the greatest shock of my life. And I just finished my oral exam today - so that's a huge statement, coming from me. AirAsia only costs me a bit over MYR1500 for one-way journey between the two cities. The NORMAL price for a MAS ticket is about MYR3000. (Rough estimate here, so forgive me.)

But MYR10555?! HOLY MOLEY. Where the f**k did those numbers come from?

Now I know how our government spends the taxpayers' money so callously. Either they got duped by the travel agency (through which they booked our tickets) or they do so in full knowledge of it. I think it is more of the latter.

This is so outrageous that I feel like crying, laughing and raging at the same time!

I am going to have my worst guilt-trip ever. (Pun very much so intended.)


3 comments:

  1. What??? Is it an error? This is quite unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope it is an error but that is what printed on my e-ticket. >.< WTH right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my one way to the states three and a half years ago was RM10,000 too lol. when i buy the tickets myself it costs <RM5,000.

    ReplyDelete