Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fortune Cookie

I was at my sister's apartment for a housewarming dinner when she handed out fortune cookies to everyone, including me. I knew that I could never hope for good luck. I have never won a lucky draw or anything like that. I don't believe in gambling either. And breaking a cookie to find a 'fortune' is just another form of gambling.

Mine was something along the lines of 'You will come to great accomplishments'. It was written in a tiny slip of paper, encased in a citrus-flavoured pastry. Was I supposed to believe it? Hell, I would like to believe it.

I am going to be twenty-five this year. I am feeling so demotivated. Seeing my sister moving into her own apartment, my brother studying again, my friends still learning in uni... it feels like everyone is doing something worthwhile. For me, it seems like all the fun and good things had ended when uni ended. Everyone is moving forward and I am staying rooted at one spot - physically and mentally.

Is this a quarter-life crisis?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! The grass is always greener on the other side. For me, my lament is that I'm still in school while my friends are all grown up adults doing real jobs and earning real money now. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete