Saturday, January 17, 2009

pre-dep blues

I am supposed to be worried about airport reception when I arrive at Curtin next month, and orientation and things to buy for university and all other serious things.

Well, guess what... I am worried about food!

Haha, typical me. I love food so much I could die. Knowing that I will have keep to a budget in Perth, I am worried about cooking. Apart from cooking rice and frying burgers, my cooking skills are practically non-existent.

I told this dilemma of mine to my eldest sister. She told me that cooking is easy. Yeah, right. And she proceeded to espouse her philosophy - Love thy food. I know, I know. But the Love of Food alone doesn't allow him or her to step into the kitchen!

I had just finished browsing for easy-to-cook recipes that are meant for students. So many websites and long list of ingredients that they make me nervous. Hopefully, I will get a housemate that can cook well so that I can just tumpang her food. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

6 comments:

  1. Haha. I do hope you'll get yourself a room-mate who is a good cook! Save all the trouble. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol

    sounds like me. after researching the faculties of the uni... i...

    checked out the dining halls and dorms. HAHA! XD

    don't worry. something will work out in the end ^^ when Yuen Shin comes back, she will be the awesomest cook in 5 Physics 2006.

    moi? moi gonna find a bf that can cook. let's see.... kidding. i wanna learn and cook ^^ even if i have to eat burnt food for the first month XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im worried too! LOL, at least you have the initiative to find recipes! i totally gave up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!
    i'm the worst.
    i actually found accommodations which provides all foodddddd~ at any times ohohohoo
    lazy lazy me..
    but well, i don't want to put the whole hostel in danger when i cook. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I tried to fry nuggets last time, I burnt the kitchen.

    And NO, I'm NOT JOKING...I'm THAT hopeless....haha...

    Guess I have a lot more to worry about...

    Don't worry, everyone has something they're worried about before they fly...

    I myself am feeling ridiculously unprepared.....=/

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha..cooking was never in my worries..coz i didn't think of anything when i fly dat time..so im a bit of unprepared..

    don't worry u'll get use to it later..u can juz call ur mom and ask her how to cook lo..im doin dat oso..kekeke..

    Gud luck and all the best lo..

    ReplyDelete