Saturday, August 22, 2009

Emo Me >.<

If there’s one very important thing I learnt from ‘Criminal Minds’, it would be this: The bedroom is an externalisation of oneself.

I think that is quite true for me. When this semester first started, I cleaned my room thoroughly – wiping, vacuuming and throwing all the unwanted junk. It was neat, after a hard day’s work.

Now, barely a month after my room is turned into a pigsty again. It is something that happened so slowly. I throw something over here and another over there. Repeat that for a few times, it seems like a hurricane has trashed my room.

The only explanation I could give is that my room reflects my emotional condition. I had been a wreck lately, emotionally, that is. This is one part of me that I am trying to make sense of – the insecure, unconfident me. All it takes for me to fall into this pit of darkness would be something minor, regardless of its form.

I guess with love being so far away, makes everything harder. I always thought that even when I am far from people who cared about me (and vice versa, of course), I would still feel loved. But I am clearly naive. It is easy to doubt the sincerity of people I know. I would begin to read between the lines when I talk to people. I would try to guess their thoughts and feelings. It was difficult. I would begin to detest people around me, because they are so perfect... because they seem so unproblematic.

Then, I decided to mask my true feelings. Slide the mask on and I would be a happy ‘Me’. Yeah right. I now found that it is really difficult to do as well. I feel fake. Why must I try to hide my feelings? Why can’t the world accept that there are angry, rude, imperfect beings like me? Just accept it!

But everything changed just now because I talked to Leekuan on MSN. It was fun to chat again. It was fun to rant to someone I am really close to. The therapy that I alluded to in the previous post is ineffective. It worked for a while, but the seed remains. Chatting is what made the difference in me. I feel better, even though I don’t understand why. The main issue is not being addressed yet, I think... but my angry feelings are being alleviated a little.

Thank you for chatting with me, Leekuan. Love you lots. Eat my share of wat tan hor when you get back to Malaysia in November, okay?

6 comments:

  1. i think we all go thru dat. stay strong! *huggies*

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problems girl (although i think im the one who told you all my stuff while you listened, thanks for that! i appreciate it!)

    Hugs~ When you feel down, feel free to chat!, Don't feel down also feel free to share your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuenshin do you hate meeee?! T_T
    but i love u! *jump hug*

    btw, u are not an imperfect being okkkk?! =.=lll

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Vern, there's nothing as a perfect being. And no, i don't hate you. i am not talking about you guys actually, more like my family members (okay, only one!)and friends here in perth. it is quite hard to be trusting of people sometimes, even your family members. i know it sounds bad... but i can't help but doubt the things that they say...Maybe i am just being doubtful and suspicious of people...anyway, i should dispel all those negative thoughts. Thanks for all your concern guys, but this is something that i have to deal on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are normal human beings XD
    ah i see...
    all the best, yuenshin! me over here support u kau-kau =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes... thanks to all of you. =D

    ReplyDelete