Friday, June 25, 2010

what bus rides and showers have in common

they make me think.

or rather, they allow me time to reflect and wonder on aspects of my life. take today's bus ride for example.

i was just sitting around, and noirane nearly dozing off in the seat beside me. with nothing to do, i stared out at the window and began to think...

... just this morning, someone told me that learning guitar is not easy. the chords or tablatures or whatsoever are really hard concepts to grasp if i plan to be self-taught. again and again, i have someone telling me the same thing. i am so sick of it sometimes. they say it is hard. yeah, what makes you think i don't know about that? i am the one doing it, and so i know better than anyone just how tough it would be.

but planning to learn something new means i have to put on a thick skin and weather those comments out. just swallow them and move on.

3 comments:

  1. I adore your determination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hardest part of guitar is the fingering. The rest, like chords, are pretty easy.....

    i'm self taught too.... its easy if you spend time practicing the same old set of chords again and again......

    add oil! :)

    ReplyDelete