Thursday, September 2, 2010

"I love you." He says it with such an earnest expression. His eyes a world deep, and more.

What follows is silence. It hangs heavy in the air. I don't know what to say. My heart is racing, beyond its ability. Blood just rushes through my veins, all the way down to my feet. Oh my god, what should I do?


"I love you too."

The kiss comes, bathing in the warm sunlight that streams from the high windows. Everything around me spins, as I turn around and begin to back away. Running as fast as my numb feet can carry me, tears roll down my cheeks.

For the other voice is not mine.

3 comments:

  1. Lee Kuan, your response is exactly the same as another friend's! :D nope, this is not a dream. this is a suuuuuper short story that i wrote when i think of 'sad love confession'.

    ReplyDelete