Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lady in the Garden

I was dressed in fine, ancient clothes. I came to this beautiful two-story mansion. I remember its beautiful wooden floorboards that I had so much fun running on. What imprinted on my mind most was the house's immaculate gardens that sprawled all around, almost like a maze. Decorations like bamboo gates were abound and the flower bushes were very tall. 


I was about to marry the young master of that household. I had lots of fun visiting his home and paying respects to his family - consisting of many relatives living under the same roof. During one of my walks around the estate, I met a wonderful old lady, seemingly senile. She gave me a flower as a token of our first meeting. No one seemed to know her. 


What happened later on, I couldn't remember it too well. But I recall running on that wooden floorboards, all the way down to the stairs and bypassing the hallway. I ran into the garden, opening one bamboo gate after another, bypassing my fiance's relatives. Then, finally I met her again. I uncovered the cruel truth behind the family's fortune. As a young lady, she traveled far from her homeland with her husband. She fell sick and soon was diagnosed as being crazy. But it was her family's wealth that enabled her husband to live prosperously. So her disease was kept secret from her faraway family, and she was virtually trapped inside the garden - her existence was unknown to the public. 

And then I woke up.

5 comments:

  1. your dreams can sell novels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to hire someone to write it first. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jia Mun! Your writing skills not bad what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your dreams are always so lol, breathtakingly vivid. And your descriptions are as always, beautiful, that i can't find myself imagining the dream too!:-)

    ReplyDelete