Sunday, August 12, 2012

'Rebuilding the World' by Paulo Coelho


A father was trying to read the newspaper, but his little son kept pestering him. Finally the father grew tired of this and tearing a page from the newspaper - one that bore the map of the world - he cut it into several pieces and handed him to his son. 

'Right, now you've got something to do. I've given you a map of the world and I want to see if you can put it back together correctly.'

He resumed reading, knowing that the task would keep the child occupied for the rest of the day. However, a quarter of an hour later, the boy returned with the map.

'Has you mother been teaching you geography?' asked his father in astonishment.

'I don't even know what that is,' replied the boy. 'But there was a photo of a man on the other side of the page, so I put the man back together and found I'd put the world back together too.' 

3 comments:

  1. :):):)

    Somehow I feel it's giving us a message that no matter how difficult a problem is, if we look from the other side, we can definitely overcome it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah. I never thought from that angle before. My interpretation is that if we want to do something good for the world, we should start from one person first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of that too! :D

    ReplyDelete