Monday, September 24, 2012

Mom and Dad

It just struck me this week that I don't have a single photo of my parents. Not in my computer. Not in my phone. Not anywhere. Sometimes, I wonder if I will forget their face... simply because I don't see them every day.

But I miss them all the same. I see other people's mothers and fathers and I think of mine.

Last Thursday, before I went to work, I stopped at the bus stop and dialed my dad's number. It was his birthday. "Heyyyyy!" He seemed so happy to hear my voice. I couldn't help but smiled myself silly that day. I chatted with my dad as I walked to the pharmacy from the bus stop. I walked as slowly as I could.

Tonight, my mom called me unexpectedly. She wanted to know how to spell "Curtin University". She wanted to pray to the gods so that I would graduate safely with a pharmacy degree. She wanted divine help so that I could get a job in a hospital in KL. I just giggled at her (somewhat) preposterous ideas. But a mother's prayers cannot be underestimated.


No comments:

Post a Comment