Saturday, August 2, 2014

I was working at the screening counter this week. Because I am new at this, it was pretty hectic for me.

One day, a middle-aged man came up to me, asking for my help. He had lost his FTK card. FTK means Farmasi Teman Kami. It is a service we provide for patients whose prescriptions contain more than 6 items. We keep their scripts and pack their medications ahead of time, while they keep a card with them to inform them when to come to collect their scripts.

Mind you, even in the age of 21st century technology, almost nothing in my hospital is computerised - FTK system included. We have a large book we use to record the names of the FTK patients, the corresponding card serial numbers and dates to collect their medications.

So I was faced with this problem. I practically had to leaf through book, page by page, just to look for the patient's name. I passed along the patient's name to the PRP on duty at the FTK counter. Let's call her A.

Me: So this man lost his FTK card. Could you please look for the name in the book?
A: How to find? It is not like we have a computerised system here. 

I was groaning inwardly. Of course I bloody hell know nothing is computerised! But that shouldn't stop you from doing your duty! A was just sitting there the entire time, looking on as I sifted through book. I was mad, very mad. But I didn't show it. Instead of sitting on your ass the entire time and chit-chatting with people, why don't you do some work for once! It wasn't even a busy week! I had my own duty waiting for me. Patients waiting to get a number, phone was waiting for me to answer and I had to do A's work just because she thought the task was impossible.

I managed to find the name in a few minutes and retrieved the patient's medication from the storage area. IT WASN'T EVEN THAT TOUGH. BLOODY SUCK IT UP, A!


No comments:

Post a Comment