Sunday, October 24, 2010

sorry, it's me. not you.

That is one of the worst break-up lines ever. Or so says 'How I Met Your Mother'.

Honestly, that is what I feel sometimes about friendships that fall apart over time. Our relationships are great when we are together. We do the same things and share the same experiences. But as time goes on, we all need to find our own path in life. We all go our separate ways, eventually.

And when it comes down to that, the dynamics of the relationship changes. We hardly hang out together and do the same stuff. Neither do we experience the same things or share the same friends. We all eventually live our own lives. It is difficult to maintain a friendship at this point, because it is increasingly difficult to relate to one another.

That is why I sometimes let friendships fall apart. It is a bit of laziness on my part, as well as loneliness. I feel lazy to reach out to people. I also feel lonely whenever I cannot talk to a friend in the same way I did before.
I am the kind of person that is really difficult to be friends with. I am not easy to approach. I do not open my heart easily to anyone. And I let things fall apart faster than they are being built.

Friends can be strangers too, eventually.

When that comes, the problem is not you. It is me.

3 comments:

  1. No it's nottttt it'll never be! To be frank, I'm the same type as you. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and me too =p that's kinda why i have not been hounding you guys as much as i should *facepalm* but although our different paths diverge, we are still friends, no? =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. we are more alike than i thought! it just goes to show how 'great' a friend i am. >< i hope we can be friends forever.

    ReplyDelete