Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Placement at Rowethorpe

I think I may actually enjoy this more than the Armadale one, probably because I am not doing anything pharmacy-related. Hahaha.

It has been relaxing. There are new things to look at, with the physiotherapy and occupational therapy students around. There are always chances to learn and observe new things, simply because I am not stuck in a pharmacy whole day. And that the residents with dementia - even though overwhelming at first - begin to make an impression on me, as I start to remember their faces and names. I hope to become more confident in interacting with them for the next few weeks. I was too afraid before, because I didn't know how to talk to anyone. I am still awkward, I guess but I want to improve. And that is a start.

PS: I really wanted to make a new blog about my experiences in Rowethorpe but I haven't got the time to truly reflect on it. Maybe this weekend would be the best time? Let's see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment