Monday, July 2, 2012

Music/Life

As I pop the earphones on and press 'Play', those undulating sounds are carried from the computer to the wires, to my ears, to my brain. 

Like magic. 

And then, I could feel what it makes me feel. It is like seeing a movie, but living it and breathing it. I am the actor, the narrator, the props but not the director. Someone, somewhere - probably half a world away - swishes his wands and I will follow his lead. I will be among the crowd in the city, seeing the things he wants me to see. I will feel alone, just as he intends me to feel. And I am his puppet. For that brief three minutes, I am him and yet, I am me. 

Those sounds and beats and rhythms are like invisible friends. They morph and transform as I see fit. In cold dark rainy days, they are the soothing voice of a mother singing lullaby to her child who is afraid of the storm;  they are the blankets that comfort and warm. In happier days, the invisible things become sunlight and rainbows, flowers and meadows - things that make my heart glow and my body light. 

The sounds are my lifeline. They make me feel alive. For music is life itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment