Friday, November 14, 2008

SACE exams...

... is finally over!!! The super-hellish days in Ausmat has come and gone! Honestly, it wouldn't be that bad if I hadn't come down with a super-bad-recurring fever and terrible cough.

The first two papers - ESL and Physics were terrible enough without the illness. Then came Tuesday night, the inevitable dawned on me. My throat felt ticklish. And then painful. I remember telling myself, 'This is not good.' But I continued studying in the study room anyway. On Wednesday, my predictions came true. My head was dizzy and hazy and I couldn't even walk straight. The worst thing was: THE NEXT PAPER IS MATH!!! I remember sleeping early that night - 10pm, even earlier than my roomie Lee Kuan - at the expense of the next day's ultra-important paper which is Maths (=.= lll).

I was so afraid that I will die during the exams that I went back to TI on friday, so that my parents could nurse me back to health. It was a tough decision to make, because I couldn't study at home. Too many distractions and I would be busy sleeping at home because of the stupid fever. At least, in Akasia, I could study - with so many comrades around me. Anyway, I was back at home and one of the first things I had to do when I reached TI was, of course, make a visit to the doc. The doctor took my temperature and it was 39.6 degree Celcius! Damn high lah dude! The doc said I had an infection. So, during the weekends my parents treated me like a princess - a very sick princess, that is. They would touch my forehead and my palm to gauge my temperature whenever they see me - it was a strange, strange experience.

My diet for the next few days consist of purely water and bread. In fact, I ate bread from friday to wednesday morning. Talk about being famished! I can even wear my jeans tighter than usual! Well basically, guys, don't attempt to be sick during exams 'cos it will rob you off your energy to study until late at night. I was so afraid of my own fever that I slept early every single day aroung 10.30pm even though I would rather burn the midnight oil and study Bio&Chem the whole night long. So, if you see me around dispensing the advice 'Take care of your health during exams', I am NOT kidding.

4 comments:

  1. congrats! its over! =) let's go yumcha. oh wait. qi still has stpm =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolx, glad to hear you're feeling better...seriously, you got me really REALLY worried.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you're already feeling better. And yay! that your exams have ended. Must be the virus-y season 'cause I fell sick early this month too. ;___;

    Yeah. I still have STPM, but meet you all at DYC's Talent Nite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. AUSMAT IS OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~!
    HOORAY! =)

    ReplyDelete