Friday, February 27, 2009

Damn Politicians

Never in my life would I imagine a crisis would take place in my beloved Silver State. All the politicians holding on to their posts and won't let go. It's totally absurd and undignified. If I were them, I would let go of my post reluctantly but gracefully. Because they supported the act of crossing over as a legitimate way of forming the government, they had no right to question the Sultan's decision of letting BN taking over the state administration. The Sultan has the right to decide; we are His subjects and thus, we are obligated to follow His orders. Going against His decision is pure treachery. I understand that the way BN takes over the government is quite undemocratic, in a sense. But it has been the way all this while. Why should this be any different? Unless new anti-hopping laws are drafted and implemented, I can't see why PR should make a fuss. If they have enough brain cells, they should have realised by now that the act of hopping is somewhat a double-edged sword.
If they are serious about being of service to people, then they should implement the anti-hopping law. Only then, the democratic process will be respected and the people will feel that their votes do matter.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to say something but I'm not taking any chances. (Yeah, thank you ISA~!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. i agree with you. party hopping should be banned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's really sad case in perak right now. But, every decision has its repercussions. To take over the state that way *sigh*
    Wait till the next GE and see who the perakians vote
    -LeeLing-

    ReplyDelete
  4. to leeling: nice to hear from you. its a sad case in perak and its my beloved home, for goodness sake. I just hope somebody can put an end to this drama.

    ReplyDelete