Friday, May 4, 2012

Drowning in a Dream

I am astounded by my own imagination sometimes.

This morning, I dreamed that I was standing right outside my house. Then suddenly out of nowhere, someone shouted: "Flood! Flood!" Of course, everyone panicked. True enough, water came flowing into my neighbourhood with such speed and volume that it was not a normal flood. I, along with others, ran for our lives. It was futile of course, with the waves chasing right behind us. The water struck me so hard that I was thrown up into the air. I fell near a car and tried to hold onto its roof, fearing that I would be swept away by the terrible waves. Instead of the car, my hands caught onto the branches of a huge tree. The water rose so quickly that I soon found myself underwater. The last thing I remembered was murky brown water...

Then I woke up from the dream, gasping for air. I truly felt like I had drowned; maybe because my pillow was blocking half of my face at that time. Upon waking up, I realised it was not a flood. It might be a tsunami. The waves were at least one and a half storey-high.

The feeling of drowning was not pleasant at all. I should really learn swimming for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment