Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life after graduation: apprehension and excitement

I have a senior who is now currently undertaking his pharmacy internship in one of the major hospitals in KL. So occasionally, on Facebook, he would post overviews of what he did during work - interventions to improve the patient's therapy, conversations with doctors or patients, etc.

I shouldn't be surprised that the things we learn in university can be so relevant to real-life practice. What scares and excites me most, is the fact that after graduation, I would be on my own. I would be running around the ward, talking to patients, consulting the doctors, advising nursing staff and so on. I would have to know what I am doing.

I should really gather as much confidence, courage and knowledge I possibly could in the final leg of this degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment