Friday, April 24, 2009

Affirmation

Today is 24th of April. *Sorry for being obvious*. But yeah, it's already 9 days past my birthday.
I went to Human Bio lab and tute this morning. When we swapped classes with another group, I saw Catherine. She quickly handed me a package and a pendrive. Well, I was puzzled of course.

Then, Iqbar remarked: "Is it your birthday?"
"Dah lepas pun," I told him.

But nevertheless, everyone thought that those are presents for my belated birthday. I was very happy... it is the thought that counts (most definitely!).

I came back and opened the package... it was a cake! I think it's is sponge cake or something (I am very bad with cake names..sorry). It was a homemade one definitely (and very delicious too). I must have been very rough with it during Bio tute 'cause the cake was a bit cracked into some very big pieces when I tried to cut it... >.<

And I opened Catherine's pendrive and she made a really touching video for me. Aih, I feel paiseh to divulge the contents *blush*... but I love it a lot.

People did so many kind and nice things for me and I appreciate them all. Thank you Catherine. Thank you to all my friends (sorry for being repetitive as well...:P).
I love all of you (you know who you are). Thanks again for the birthday greetings, cards, presents, surprises etc...

When I am doubting my very own existence, you guys gave me affirmation of self-worth - that I am truly worth something in this world. =)

Lots of love,
yshin

3 comments:

  1. It's good to know that you're not alone~ Can I have the cake? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love you too!!!!!!!
    *muaks~*

    ReplyDelete