Monday, June 8, 2009

Failure and Homesickness

If only I work harder, I wouldn't have flunked the Chem exam just now. So many questions left undone. And when it was all over, I looked at it in disbelief. No relief whatsoever. Just a moment of disbelief. Sitting for an exam is a surreal experience. Just you and the paper and the time ticking away. You are oblivious to everything around you; it is the moment where your brain needs to prove its worth. And predictably, mine failed me.

And to think I took a 45-minute nap before the exam. I slept underneath the quilt comfortably and was lulled into deep slumber.

I remembered feeling cold and the surface underneath me was hard.

I slept on my side, with my hands as pillow.

It felt like home.

For a single minute, I thought I was home, sleeping on the cold marble floor.

Expecting someone to wake me up, expecting to see the familiar scenes.

But, no. I am just in my room, several thousand miles away (figuratively speaking).

For a moment, I nearly cried.


I want to go home...

7 comments:

  1. yuenshinnnn-chann.. don feel so bad, dear.. cheer up.. (easier said than done, i know... but i have to say this because it is so very important)
    homesickness is really bad, huh?
    just want to let u know that if u feel really bad or need to talk and crap or rant bout something, anything or nothing in particular, i'm always open for u =)
    of course u can call when u're happy too ahhaha..
    gambatte yuenshin~ we are all here to support u.
    by WE, i mean, of course, the people who will be commenting on this post after me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep yep...(agrees with comment above =))

    *Big Hug*

    I know its downright cliche (not to mention heartless) to advise you that what's done is done, put the past behind, and focus on those papers to come...frankly, its hard to think straight when we're depressed in any way, but for now, at least try to relax, cheer up, think of other stuff, drink some hot chocolate (??) and GAMBATEH..

    Call us, if you need to talk/rant/cry/scream/whatever-it-is-that-can-help-you-release-tension....*hugggs*, and good luck for your upcoming papers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuenshinnnnnnn
    *hugs*

    dont feel so bad... you can find me anytime too if you need to talk *though i'm really sorry! my dorm net expired and now i got no internet but for the com lab T.T*

    *hugshugshugs* stay strong. i know you're missing home but heyyy, aussie is not far from malaysia and book a ticket home next holz you have =)

    take care dear! good luck in your papers and everything~ =) call home more and talk to your mom sis dad bro if it helps =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with all the posts above. Feel free to chat when you're feeling happy/depressed. And hoh, try having chocolate and coffee! then you will be hyper the whole day! Good luck for all the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah see?? =)
    anyways, just binge on chocolate lol..
    if u get fat, we can exercise it off together when we go back end of the year. cuz i'll need to do that. wahahha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol...If I fail to get through my course, I'd start a chocolate enterprise instead. Booming business, especially during exam times. Stress relief, at the cost of obesity...lol...

    Omg..I ate like FIVE bars of Kitkat. FIVE!!! *horrified*

    ReplyDelete
  7. lolz. you guys are so cute. but yeah, chocolate stimulates the release of endorphins. happy hormones! XD

    oh you can wait for me to exercise too. i'm getting fat too! never mind that i barely eat chocs lolz.

    ReplyDelete