Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cooking

Finally, success! After screwing up last Saturday's cooking session, I finally emerged victorious this time.

Of course, I need to thank my lovely Mimmy. I asked her for help and she gave me one the most simple recipe I have ever seen and also among the most delicious.

To marinade the chicken pieces:
3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
a little bit of pepper
1/2 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of thick soy sauce
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce (for extra gravy... yeah!)

Just stir well and keep in the fridge for about an hour (longer also can). But out of time constraints just now, I only marinade the chicken meat for less than an hour.

When cooking:
- cook with 4 tablespoon of cooking oil into slightly hot wok and pour everything inside with big fire. (But I didn't because I was afraid that the chicken meat will turn out hangus.
- stir nicely, put medium low fire and slowly stir.
- if too little gravy, put a little bit of water.
- if want the gravy to thicken, pour a solution of corn flour into the wok and stir.

Haha... these are the instructions handed down from my Sifu Mimmy. Thanks to Mimmy, my housemates sapu everything on the plate. I am very glad right now.. :D

4 comments:

  1. wow....good job!!!!
    p/s omg i found satay chicken wrapped in pandan leaf in New Zealand!!! screams!!! i bought the whole box and will definitely try cooking it!!! KYA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds tasty! Cook for us when you're back, please! xD

    @Lee Kuan: Oh satay chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to everyone: hopefully i will become better at cooking after a year, so that can cook for you guys. :P

    to leekuan: lucky you... able to find satay chicken there! cook and tell me how is it, ok?

    ReplyDelete