Friday, October 16, 2009

Curtin's Pasar Malam

Undoubtedly the biggest event in Curtin that I have ever attended. Scratch that.


The only event I attended this year! XD

So many stalls were set up – Malaysian, Singaporean, Indian, Japanese, Hong Kong food – all in Alcoa Court. I had tonnes of fun just walking around, absorbing the pasar malam atmosphere (sorry, no pictures taken because I was too busy buying food).

Oh yeah, kudos to Zack, Aleen and Didi for setting a stall of their own at the event. They sold keropok lekor, char kuey teow, cendol etc. Their keropok were great but I think they required more flour and spicier sauce to go with it! :D

I splurged so much on food! Typical me. :P Chee cheong fun (leave that for tomorrow morning, can’t eat anymore), Bak kua (expensive, but I wanna eat!), keropok lekor... and the best buy has to be SATAY!!!! Omg... queuing up for about an hour for it is absolutely crazy business. But you know what? It is all worth it because it is so good! Now, I wish to replicate the recipe!

Ah, all the Malaysian food makes me miss home even more... >_<

5 comments:

  1. I can feel your joy! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hohoho, i understand i understand. i lined up for satay too during the food festival in my place, heehee!
    hope you have fun eating! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too!!! wait for more than an hour to get the satay...it taste great yeah!! Btw anyone knows if they also open a restaurant somewhere? Might hunt for the satay again next time xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do think they open a restaurant somewhere in perth, because i saw the words "sdn bhd" on their banner. btw, Edwin... do i know you?

    ReplyDelete