Monday, October 12, 2009

Habitat

Yes, I am still going to stay in Vickery House (on-campus accommodation) next year. Now I have one less thing to worry about.Well, I did think about staying off-campus before.

There are many potential benefits, for example:

1) Choose your own housemates. I need housemates who respect my privacy, who are not too noisy when it's past midnight, cleans up the mess after she cooks, and the list goes on and on. Then again, I think I need to be grateful for what I have now, lest I get a more horrible housemate next year.

2) Freedom to do things that I like, eg. sing at the top of my lungs in my own room or bathroom (for that matter). Here, the walls are so thin that I can hear people cooking even though my room is the furthest from the kitchen.

3) No more cleaning inspections! I don't hate it per se, since it forces us to clean... but it really gets on my nerves when I have to do my duty during exam period or when I am busy with studying. Last sem's horrendous experience: I still had to clean the bathroom even though I had just returned from Chem exam and it was already 10pm! =.=lll

4) No 'where-to-put-my-stuff-when-I-go-back-to-Malaysia' headache. If I rent a house, I would just dump my belongings there, since I already paid the rent. =)

Despite my extolling the goodness of staying off-campus, I love the convenience of waking up an hour prior to lecture and still arrive on time. Or when I have an hour break in between classes, I can still go back to my room to chill and have a snack. That's what Vickery House is for me. Convenience. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. haha. even the on campus dorms are far from my study places! lolz. need to take bus lolz~~~

    ReplyDelete