Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friendship

When I get bored, I think.

When I think, I write.

When I write, I post it up in my blog.

Otherwise, my blog will be dusty.

***

When I stab other people in their backs, I won't feel the pain. But when others do it to me, it hurts real BAD. So I sent a long sms to AG, telling him honestly why I find him annoying and hopefully he would forgive me. And he hasn't replied me yet. :/

The reason why I am apologising to him is due to my own selfishness. I wish that nobody after this would stab me from the back again. By saying sorry to him and by not talking bad about others again, I really hope I would be spared of the pain. >.< Yes, I am selfish. Go ahead and shoot me.

***

And what is a friendship really? Some friendships are long-lasting; some are not. Am I the only one who thinks that friendships from school are still the best? Well, there are friendships established in college that are meaningful and I hope they would last a long time...
*hint-hint* *thanks for giving me your listening ear when I am down... thanks for letting me torture you with my boring stories* =)

I honestly think friendships are more meaningful than it sounds. It is not just a shoulder to lean on when you are down, nor it is just a person to laugh with when everything is okay. It must not be based on convenience nor dependence. It could not be based on kindness and love alone; these do not sustain friendships. Frustration and hatred characterise relationships; they break us all apart. I don't know how to phrase this but Furuba gives a powerful quote: "Love means taking in all things negative and positive and accepting them wholeheartedly." Well, something like that anyway.

Friendship is like an investment; we put in a little of ourselves into that friend and they into us. And that is why when it is torn apart, we feel hurt inside because those things are lost forever.

***
Don't treat me like an empty vase. You pour all your problems into me, to sustain your own sanity. I don't mind that, really. I am glad to be of help - to dispense advice. But you forget all about me when you are happy, when your life is a bed of roses. Once life gives you a rough ride, you come and rant to me - the lonely empty vase. Am I the worthless vase that could only hold the water that sustains the pretty flower that is you?
I don't mind friends who come to me for help in checking their bio report. Or come to me when they face personal problems. I am glad to be there for them when they need me. It means they trust me with all their problems - and that means a lot to me. But come to me too when you are happy or just when you are bored and have nothing else to do. Just a simple chat will do. Even crapping sounds fun.

3 comments:

  1. Hey......

    There you go..the long long comment I promised you....

    Usually, when we put ourselves in another person's shoes, we can probably understand a lot better about ourselves and others. At least, that was what I learnt a while back...

    Law of kamma, eh? =P =P Do unto others as you shall have others do onto you..Touka Koukan...whatever...lolx...dun worry, you're not being selfish...in fact, its really good that you decided to explain to him honestly. Assertive speech (or sms, in your case), according the my Vet Professional Studies lecturer is the best way to settle problems...lol...

    Anyway, moving on...

    I guess I know why friendships from school seem to be more sincere than the ones in uni. Many of my schoolmates who've gone on to uni have told me the same thing; in school, we haven't exactly learnt to hide/wear masks/ whatever you call it..but in uni, everyone's more guarded, more independant, and inadvertently more fake as well..We tend to follow moral and social conduct, and all those playground rules when we were younger, but they don't really seem to apply as "adults" in uni..

    I agree about friendship being an investment. Guess we all give a part of ourselves to be filled by the people we care about...and when that's lost, we feel hurt and empty, in a sense.....hmmmm.....

    Many friends are the kind that just go to you when they need help; that's what you'll get for being a good listener and a great friend, unfortunately...*hugs* All you need is just to be appreciated/acknowledged as a friend, eh...

    Take care...=) I'll be online if you need to rant...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll chat with you =)

    i think i have said enough =) love you yuen shin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! i'll be online and chat with you too! ..... if im lucky enough to see you that is!

    ReplyDelete