Sunday, May 10, 2009

Life

One thing leads to another.
One conversation leads to a buried train of thoughts.
This is not going to be an emo post. Just like I said, this post is something like a train of buried thoughts that was gathering dirt in the back garden. Now it is the time to dig it up to see what it is like. Probably I will see it in a new light. =)

***

The life I am living now is due to my desire to escape - from who I am. I did not realise it before; but now it is clear. I wanted to leave TI so badly so that I could get a fresh start. I hated the way I was.

So weak.

So invisible.

I felt like my life was spiralling out of my control. I needed to get a grip on myself. So I took a gamble; forsaking my real ambition and took up a scholarship opportunity. It was a life-changing decision. I didn’t realise the gravity of this decision at that time. Had I have the chance to turn back time, definitely I wouldn’t have taken this chance. I would lead my own life in my own way, but oh well – things are done. Like water poured out onto the street, it can’t be collected back.
Stepping into college changed my whole perspective. I began to see that I was already an unhappy person to begin with. It had nothing to do with TI being ‘a place with sad memories’. I thought I could be different. I could not. Things didn’t change because I didn’t change. This realisation stays with me forever. I couldn’t remember the exact time I started to change my attitude. I am not so sure if I had really transformed myself in whole new radical ways, but there are some differences. Things were slightly better at college. I had less emotional problems. I had a more positive attitude.

Still, I remembered wanting to break away from my usual group of friends. I needed something different. I made that mistake. When I got to know some new people, I think I did hurt others too. I wished there was a way to balance both sides. Being able to break free awhile and still come back. But like a fall from the tallest tower - once I took the leap, there was no turning back.
Although I really detested Intec at first, it is still the very first time in my life where I had a clear direction in life. Probably because it was already ingrained in my thoughts that: “Hey, what is done is done. Let’s go on with it. Go with the flow.” And at that point, there was clarity in my life. Although I wasted time reading tonnes of manga and watched anime, I was more focussed and more driven in studies (especially in the third semester). Things that are covered in the syllabus started to make sense. I was a blind fool in high school but in Intec, I wasn’t. I even enjoyed reading Physics, a subject that I had an allergic reaction to in secondary school. Personal life-wise, there were positive changes too. I learnt to love my family. Being apart from home each time really ate away a part of my heart. But I know I love my family more from that point on in college, more than ever before in my whole life. What initiated this chain reaction – I had no idea.

And now in university, I feel like I need to escape from the Team Malaysia. All the friends I had been hanging out with and talked to are Malaysians –which is a good thing when you have no one in a strange place. But I yearn for new experiences and yet, I am afraid to take the first step. Other than my monotonous, mundane life in uni, things are pretty good. I feel empty at times but that is okay. I learn to love the things that I study (which could be really interesting...honest!) and hopefully, I could develop my passion for pharmacy. I still detest assignments (ah, remnants from Intec days) but I would finish them, of course (with a lot of last-minute work). I am not sure if I would pass the subjects I am taking at this point, but may the blessings of my parents help me.

Just like the erratic weather, life has its fair share of rainy and sunny days. I do hope I could go through each phase in life, revel in it and grow with it.

5 comments:

  1. i'm really glad that things happened the way they did.. and i see things had turned out well for u in the end =)

    truthfully i was really sad and depressed that i was the onli one that had to go to kbu while all of u could go to intec together..
    but yeah. going to kbu really changed my perspective on things and let me experience new cool things! so no matter how cliche this saying is, things really always happen for the best! wahahha~

    keep it up!! positive outlook is the best! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear about this. I really really feel like giving to a huge huge hug! Guess I'll keep it until you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. me wanna quote sakura!

    "everything will surely be alright" =)

    life looks like it sucks sometimes but in the end everything will be fine.

    "if it's not fine, it's not the end"

    *hugs*

    you can try, but you will never successfully distance yourself from us muahahhahahh XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes we will keep u hostage ohoho

    ReplyDelete
  5. *huggies*

    To quote you (was it you?) "Whatever doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.." =) Don't be afraid to take the first step; things can always turn out better than they may seem..

    You'll be a successful pharmacist and individual one day from all these experiences =) =) And you'll enjoy each day of it too...haha...^^

    PS: Come to think of it, I wish there was a way to "balance both sides" too...seem to always have problems with that..=/

    ReplyDelete