Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Poem For Thee

*This is dedicated to friends. Hope you guys like it.*

I always look out of my window,
At my lonely back garden,
Where nothing special grows.
Only green trees and leaves,
Pah! Just like any boring scenery.

But One Day I hear,
The singing of a little bird.
I look out again and this time is different.
Ah, I realised I was very much mistaken!
Purple, yellow, red and blue,
There are flowers of every hue.
Furry little animals scurry about,
Even the pesky bugs are out.
Butterflies adorn my blue sky,
Pretty fireflies light up my night.

How did I not realise their existence?
I must be blind, I reasoned.
The day I finally see,
Immense happiness stays with me.
So I pull out the weeds,
And water the plants,
The day I made it pretty and tidy,
My garden rewards me with loyalty.
For the heavens may rain,
And the seasons may change,
But I now know that my garden,
Would always be vibrant again.

8 comments:

  1. i like it! i like it~!
    it's so good! i felt so happy reading it lol~
    u are my pretty little butterfly ne~ hahaha~
    daisuki~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the comment... =)
    you inspired me to write...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too! I'm sure others will too. Thank you, Yuen Shin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you... *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  5. yuen shin blushin!

    yuen shin blushin!

    haha.

    nice poem btw =) write more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kyahhhhh yuenshin blushing~!
    wana see wana see!
    *take pictures*

    ReplyDelete
  7. KYA!!! I love it!!!
    hehe..im not much of a poem kinda person but i actually like yours.
    Write more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol... thanks everyone for the comments.. finally there is evidence that my blog is alive.(sorry for the lack of posts...) thanks for the comments on the poem. lol... been wanting to write an emo poem for a long time but this is what i end up with. LOL. miss you guys a lot. =)

    ReplyDelete