Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shopping

I hate shopping alone.


I hate going into the mall, without a definite idea of what to buy. I like to have a list with me, so that I know where to go and what to get and get out of the crowd as soon as possible.

Window-shopping is only fun when I have company – friends or family. Window-shopping on my own is just plain pathetic. Window-shopping when I think I am on the verge of near-sightedness and haven’t gotten myself a pair of specs is nightmare.

Buying perishable items such as vegetables or fruits are fun and hassle-free. They look nice and fresh, so I would buy them. If I did make a mistake by choosing the not-so-nice ones, the solution is simple: just eat them up. Mistakes are easily erased when they are edible.

Items such as luggage bags are a huge problem. They need to be long-lasting and look good at the same time. They mustn’t be too pricey or else I would feel short-changed and cheated. People judge you by the things you buy (or at least, that’s what I think). If I did purchase a pretty luggage bag that doesn’t last too long, people would go: ‘Oh, she buys things just ‘coz they are pretty. Tsk. Tsk.’ Or if it was an ugly bag that could last forever, it would be the bane of my existence. Getting rid of a huge mistake (and an inedible one at that) is impossible. Ugly things stay forever. Like the high school photos of you with bushy untameable hair that screams ‘Auntie!!!!’. It never disappears into the World of Rubbish, but it merely hides in the dark space that is your drawer until it emerges only to embarrass you again. Talk about déjà vu.

No comments:

Post a Comment