Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh no! I have no space to keep Yui-chan!

Ahahaha! Yup, that's the name of my brand new guitar! XD

I thought guitars are supposed ot be big, bulky musical instruments that are going to break my back the moment I pick them up. So when I finally held it in my hands, it was like: "WOW. It is so light!"

I had thought of giving my first guitar manly names, eg Takumi, Yasu, Ren or Azuma (but nah, Azuma should be reserved for flutes instead. ;P) So my Mr. Guitar turns out to be a Miss Guitar. : )

It took me a year to finally decide to learn it, and another 3 agonising weeks to choose the precise brand and model. In the end, I picked out Yamaha F310 - a beginner guitar model that Vern introduced to me. Not to mention, it only took me about 10 minutes to officially own it. How ironic.

Haha. I went out at 9.15am empty-handed and came back at 11.45am with a guitar. Now that's what I call 'magic'!

7 comments:

  1. congratulations yuenshin! Now i can't wait to see you with the guitar! post some pictures yeah!

    sigh..i wish i can learn a musical instrument but im too busy this year TT

    Nevertheless, gambateh on your guitar lessons! GO GO GO! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! i am busy too... but i need something to encourage me to study hard. ;D and that's the guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy! You sound very happy! \o/ Now learn to play a piece with it so I can listen. Haha~

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, I'm so happy you finally got one!!! Think we can webcam jam sometime? XP

    Btw, I realised I never even named my guitar!!! *starts thinking*

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shu: Yes, yes!!!! OMG you should name your guitars! XD get them married!!
    p/s: let me learn some chords before we can actually webcam jam, ok? the thought of it is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol...I've only got one here..my other guitar's in M'sia...arranged webcam dating between mine and your Yui-chan, eh? Any ideas what to name mine? Hehe...I keep calling him Fender cos of his brand, but that's not exactly a name XP.

    Learn the basic 5: G, C, D, E, A...with that, and with a capo, you can play quite a number of songs!!

    ReplyDelete