Friday, April 2, 2010

Thank You and I Love You

Today, I SMSed my dad and told him: 'Daddy and Mimmy, I never got the chance to thank you for not moving us all to KL. Because of that, I have great friends in my life.'

To which he replied: 'You are welcome. Mimi and I are happy that we've made the right decision for not moving. Because of this, I became the modern Marco Polo. In fact, I beat him flat in terms of distance. I've driven (besides flying), >1 million km - ie >40 times circumference of the Earth. It is a scary thought and no wonder my head is thinning fast.'

I LOL-ed at his SMS, but my parents' sacrifices are real.

I am really fortunate to have friends whom I have known since primary school. I used to be able to memorise all 37 names in our class - not only because I was once the assistant class monitor - but because, I had seen those names for so many times over the course of my schooling days.

*But I must admit, my memories are getting rusty now.*

This is all made possible by my parents, who insisted on not relocating the whole family when Daddy got his promotion. It was a tough choice to make, and to live through. But they made it anyhow.

And now that I realised this little but very important fact, all I could say is 'Thank you and I love you'.

3 comments:

  1. Yuen Shin you're so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....im sure your parents appreciate it as well since by not moving to kl, they can see you and your siblings more! (the logic is kl has so many traffic jams that usually it takes longer to reach your house, nod nod)

    Agree with yan qi, yuenshin's so sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete