Sunday, July 25, 2010

I dreamt that I was back in school, in that beige-peachy coloured classroom. It was a whole new year. Time to elect a new class committee. Someone suggested my name as the class monitor. All right. It was something I expected. The minute ticked by and nobody suggested another name. I looked around.

'Shankari's name! Someone please suggest her name!' I screamed aloud in my head.

In the end, I was elected the class monitor. I was aghast. Shocked beyond words. I was afraid to lead a class of 37 people.

'Shankari, please take over for me!' I pleaded silently.

All this while I have been scared to admit my own faults and weaknesses. I push responsibilities onto another person. I take my friends and family for granted. And Shankari, you bore the brunt of my selfishness because of our many years of partnership. You are our one and only class monitor. No one could replace you!

ps: dreams can reveal so much about myself. it is an astonishing phenomenon.

1 comment: